View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 06:52 AM   #30
MaickiP

Anyone know when the draw is? I went to the site and couldn't find it.

Anyway, we do know that some players won't be in the same draw. 1-2, 3-4 etc are separated.

We can make wild guesses about what the draw will be or what would be odd or rigged.

Here are the pairs that have to be on opposite sides

1 Jankovic and 2 Safina
3 Serena and 4 Ivanovic
5 Dementieva and 6 Kuznetsova
7 Venus and 8 Zvonareva

I think many would agree that the big disparities in pairs are at the bottom. Dementieva is probably a much bigger threat than Kuznetsova, who doesn't do well in this format. Venus is probably a much bigger threat than Zvonareva, who usually doesn't get a lot of big scalps.

I'd like to see Jankovic and Ivanovic in the same group. I'd also like to see Serena and Venus in the same group. With both of those pairs, it would be nice to see them play each other, and it would also be nice to know there's a good chance one will move on to the semis.

I'd kind of like to see Kuznetsova and Zvonareva in the same group because they both went 0-3 the last time they qualified and it would be fun to force one of them to win a match. It probably wouldn't be pretty.

Jankovic vs Dementieva is always a headscratching roller coaster.

My line up:

Jankovic
Ivanovic
Kuznetsova
Zvonareva

Safina
Serena
Dementieva
Venus

(*I know bottom half is stacked, but it makes the most match ups that I want to see)