Kadhafi forces report gains, launch offensive WTF.. Why are we there, if we cant get a two bit dictator to step down or die? How long have we been killing his family? Kadhafi forces report gains, launch offensive - Yahoo! News Rebels in the western Libyan town of Zliten were said to be low on ammunition and on the defensive on Sunday, as the regime said its forces had retaken the strategic southwest town of Bir Ghanam. Abdul Wahab Melitan, a rebel spokesman in the port city of Misrata near Zliten, said forces loyal to strongman Moamer Kadhafi had launched an assault on rebel positions in Zliten's Souk Telat area, killing three and wounding 15. "The rebels lack ammunition to advance and we do not want to risk losing any ground," Melitan said. Meanwhile, a rebel source at Al-Qusbat, around 90 kilometres (55 miles) east of the capital Tripoli, said that town was living through its fourth day under siege. A group of rebels on Thursday overran Kadhafi forces based in one of the town's schools, but since then the rebels have been battling to hold on to their gains. Raed Hussein, an envoy from Al-Qusbat's military council, said he expected more Kadhafi troops to be sent from nearby Al-Khums to bolster the siege. In Tripoli, Prime Minister Baghdadi Mahmudi told reporters that government troops had recaptured the strategic town of Bir Ghanam, southwest of the capital, from insurgents.