View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
S.T.D.

Join Date
May 2008
Age
42
Posts
5,220
Senior Member
Default Americans prohibited from leaving (kidnapped) by the Egyptian government
Another action by Obama's moderate Muslim Brotherhood and moderate Egyptian army towards Plan Obama's fulfillment.
From news article:

U.S. outrage as Egypt bars Americans from leaving
Thu, Jan 26 14:33 PM EST
By Patrick Werr and Tom Perry


CAIRO (Reuters) - Six Americans working for publicly funded U.S. organizations promoting democracy in Egypt have been barred from leaving the country, provoking angry demands in Washington that Cairo's new military rulers stop "endangering American lives".


Among those hit by travel bans - one of those targeted called it "de facto detention" - is a son of U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, as well as other foreign staffers of the International Republican Institute and National Democratic Institute, officials at the two organizations said on Thursday.


The United States said Egypt should reverse them: "We are urging the government of Egypt to lift these restrictions immediately and allow these folks to come home as soon as possible," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said.
A month after police raided the Cairo offices of the IRI, NDI and eight other non-governmental organizations, it raises the stakes for Washington, which had already indicated it may review the $1.3 billion it gives the Egyptian military each year if the probe into alleged breaches of local regulations went on.
S.T.D. is offline


 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:13 PM.
Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Design & Developed by Amodity.com
Copyright© Amodity