USA Politics ![]() |
Reply to Thread New Thread |
![]() |
#41 |
|
Clips from the 911 call were released this morning on the Today Show.
The couple had made it sound very convincing, telling the 911 dispatcher that their little boy was stuck in the balloon. but sadly, the operator was fooled by the crank call. They told the 3 boys to juin in on the prank. That right there, is child abuse! They need to pay dearly for their shenanigens! So that this type of thing doesn't happen again. |
![]() |
![]() |
#42 |
|
|
![]() |
![]() |
#45 |
|
'Balloon boy' mom, Mayumi Heene, admitted to cops it was hoax: court docs
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Updated Friday, October 23rd 2009, 6:48 PM ![]() Piscotty/Getty Mayumi Heene, mother of the infamous 'balloon boy' who captivated the media, reportedly admited it was all a hoax, court documents state. ![]() The balloon coverage dominated the 24-hour news channels. The mother of the 6-year-old boy once feared missing inside a runaway helium balloon admitted the whole saga was a hoax, according to court documents released Friday. Mayumi Heene told sheriff’s deputies that she and her husband Richard “knew all along that Falcon was hiding in the residence” in Fort Collins, according to an affidavit used to get a search warrant for the home. She allegedly told investigators the incident was a hoax meant to make them more marketable to the media. “Mayumi described that she and Richard Heene devised this hoax approximately two weeks earlier.... She and Richard had instructed their three children to lie to authorities as well as the media regarding this hoax,” the affidavit said. Richard Heene has denied a hoax. His lawyer, David Lane, said Friday he is waiting to see the evidence in the case. “Allegations are cheap,” Lane said. Mayumi Heene’s lawyer, Lee Christian, was traveling and didn’t immediately respond to messages left with his office. Larimer County Sheriff Jim Alderden has said he will recommend charges against the Heenes including conspiracy, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, making a false report to authorities, and attempting to influence a public servant. The most serious charges are felonies and carry a maximum sentence of six years in prison. Alderden said authorities also would be seeking restitution for the costs of the balloon chase, though he didn’t provide a figure. His office has said it will likely be next week before it forwards its findings to prosecutors to decide on charges. These people deserve 50 lashes... |
![]() |
![]() |
#46 |
|
Funny how everything is the "Balloon ______." Balloon Boy, Balloon Dad, Balloon Mom, Balloon Family. Now we have the Balloon Call.
Seinfeld comes to mind. ![]() FAA investigators may be focusing on balloon call By KRISTEN WYATT (AP) – 16 hours ago DENVER — The parents who reported last week that their 6-year-old son may have been on board a giant, runaway balloon could potentially be in more trouble with the Federal Aviation Administration for making a phone call than for setting loose the saucer-shaped craft, aviation experts say. Most FAA rules on the release of unmanned balloons, rockets and kites don't take effect until aircraft or property are put in danger or the craft enters restricted airspace. Hobbyists don't even need a pilot's license to fly an engine-less craft weighing less than 155 pounds. Most likely, analysts say, the FAA is focusing on a phone call it received from the boy's father, Richard Heene, who reported the out-of-control aircraft was loose. "That's what they're going to be looking at, that call," said Joseph Gutheinz Jr., a retired Army pilot and former FAA and U.S. Department of Transportation inspector. "If this guy was calling the FAA reporting a false emergency, and that disrupted other air traffic, that would be the bigger issue here." Richard and Mayumi Heene (HEE-nee) reported last week that their son Falcon was in the escaped balloon hurtling through the air as millions watched on live TV. The boy was later found safe at the family's Fort Collins home, and authorities say they believe the balloon scare was a hoax. The FAA is saying little about what it is investigating. The balloon episode caused a brief disruption at Denver International Airport last week, with some planes sent to different runways as a precaution, but no flights were grounded. If authorities determine the phone call was a hoax, the U.S. Department of Transportation could pursue a federal criminal case. Mary Schiavo, a former inspector general for the Transportation Department, said she suspects the FAA will wait for local law enforcement to figure out whether the Heenes' reports were intentionally false. "They have to prove intent for a criminal case," Schiavo said. Larimer County Sheriff Jim Alderden said he expects to recommend charges including conspiracy, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, making a false report to authorities, and attempting to influence a public servant. The most serious charges are felonies and carry a maximum sentence of six years in prison. Alderden said authorities also would seek restitution for the costs of the balloon chase, though he didn't provide a figure. FAA Spokeswoman Laura Brown said violating federal balloon rules could result in penalties that "could be anything from a warning letter to a civil penalty." "There's not a lot more we can say about the investigation right now," she said. Brown wouldn't say how long the investigation could take or what possible fines would be. The FAA typically levies large fines only against commercial airlines that break federal safety rules. Its largest fine ever was $10.2 million against Southwest Airlines last year for flying planes that had missed critical safety checks, though that fine was later reduced to $7.5 million. Gutheinz said he doubts the FAA knows what to make of the alleged Heene hoax. Agency investigators spend most of their time reviewing large operations, not investigating kooky episodes that grab the public's attention. "Every once in a while you get a drunk pilot, or a student flying a plane they're not supposed to fly, but nothing like this," he said. "This is just something no one's ever imagined happening." Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. |
![]() |
![]() |
#47 |
|
Get on board for the Balloon Divorce. Child custody arguments should be interesting ...
Mayumi Heene, mother of the infamous 'balloon boy' who captivated the media, reportedly admited it was all a hoax, court documents state ... ... authorities also would be seeking restitution for the costs of the balloon chase ... |
![]() |
![]() |
#49 |
|
I think that, as a country, the time has come for the goverment to step into these kind of cases as well as reality TV train wrecks.
Let us set up one day each year where America votes online for a News Headlining or Reality Show "celebrity" to be put to death by hanging or firing squad. It will be one of those "You wanted attention and you got. Now we get to vote!" Man, we could see Carrie Prejean go or Perez Hilton. Maybe Jon or Kate. Balloon boy or his Dad. Th newlyweds of "The Best Wedding Entrance Ever". Any of the Dancing with the Stars - has beens. It would be the most exciting vote in America EVER. |
![]() |
![]() |
#50 |
|
The Ultimate Reality Show ^
Perhaps in Round One the winning dozen could be Exiled to some cold & rocky crag off the coast of Alaska. Then those 12 could compete there for viewers' affections. Viewers could pick-off the lesser 11 one by one, until the "Winner" is crowned -- and left alone in perpetual exile with only a High Res Cam as company. To view the "Winner" folks could log-on to a web-link, for a price, that gives access to the Cam. Portions of those earnings could be earmarked for heirs of the "Winner" -- which could lead to some fun and games for the families left behind. |
![]() |
Reply to Thread New Thread |
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) | |
|