Mas y Menos- DC Comics

Arana (Anya Corazon)- Marvel Comics

Echo (Maya Lopez)- Marvel Comics

Sunspot (Roberto Da Costa)- Marvel Comics

White Tiger I (Hector Ayala)- Marvel Comics

White Tiger (Ava Ayala)- Marvel Comics

Old 06-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #22
Adwetyren

Mexicans are overrated in US Media as they are the poster people of the Latino ethnicity.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #23
vasyasvc

Wrestler Alberto del Rio.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #24
inownsuipsy

Mexicans are overrated in US Media as they are the poster people of the Latino ethnicity.
Its understandable though since Americans of Mexican descent make up around 63% of all Latinos in the US. Puerto Ricans are also well represented if you ask me, as a Latino character who isnt Mexican most likely will be Puerto Rican.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #25
Bobdilan

Its understandable though since Americans of Mexican descent make up around 63% of all Latinos in the US. Puerto Ricans are also well represented if you ask me, as a Latino character who isnt Mexican most likely will be Puerto Rican.
Or Cuban, they are also very represented.Cubans are the poster people of Caribbean Latinos

Old 06-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #26
Dilangos

Or Cuban, they are also very represented.Cubans are the poster people of Caribbean Latinos
Yup thats true as well. In wrestling there was this stable called LAX (Latin American eXchange) which consisted of 2 Mexicans (Hernandez & Salinas), a Cuban (Konan), and a Puerto Rican (Homicide). I posted a picture of them, although Konan didnt appear. I liked that stable as they were pretty entertaining.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #27
TheBestCheapestOEM

Fez- That 70's Show

AC Slater- Saved by the Bell

The Lopez Family- George Lopez Show

Gabrielle and Carlos Solis- Desperate Houswives

Gloria Pritchett- Modern Family

Tori Vega- Victorious

Carlos Pena- Big Time Rush

Tyler Lockwood- The Vampire Diaries
*The actor is Latino, Im not sure if the character is... any TVD fans want to clarify?

Scott McCall- Teen Wolf
*The actor is Latino, Im not sure if the character is... any TW fans want to clarify?

Old 06-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #28
vigraxtru

Since I grew up watching Power Rangers here are some Latino Power Rangers

Rocky DeSantos- Red Ranger; Blue Ranger

Carlos Vallerte- Green Ranger, Black Ranger

Ashley Hammond- Yellow Ranger

Danny Delgado- Black Ranger

Elizabeth "Z" Delgado- Yellow Ranger

Charlie- Red Ranger (turned out to be evil though :/)

Vida Rocca- Pink Ranger

Madison Rocca- Blue Ranger

Rose Ortiz- Pink Ranger

Mike Corbett- Green Ranger

Antonio Garcia- Gold Ranger

Old 06-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #29
attlawqa

Pvt. Vasquez, "Aliens" movie.

Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?

Vasquez: No. Have you?

Old 06-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #30
13spebampiliece

Yasutora "Chad" Sado, half Mexican, half Japanese, from the anime/manga Bleach

Old 06-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #31
weaddercaps

Selena Gomez

Jake T. Austin

Victoria Justice

Naya Rivera

Michael Trevino

Christian Serratos

Tyler Posey

Francia Almendarez

There are more young Latino actors in Hollywood but my mind is drawing a blank at the moment

Old 06-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #32
Pmeidstc

My area of expertise:

Luscious Lopez

Sativa Rose

Olivia O'Lovely

Delilah Strong

Katie Cummings:

Ice La Fox and Alexis Breeze

Alexis Amore

Ashlii Orion

Franceska Jaimes

Esperanza Gomez

Old 06-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #33
ffflyer

Fire (Beatriz DaCosta)-DC Comics

There seems to be a misunderstanding among people who are unfamiliar with the Brazilian American community. The majority of us US-based Brazilians and Brazilian Americans do not identify as Latinos and nor does the U.S. government consider us as such.

When most Brazilians in the U.S. use the word Latin or Latino, we're speaking of our Spanish-speaking neighbors. In the USA, the Latin media does not cater to Brazilians nor care to include them, although Brazilians and Brazilian Americans are perfectly okay with this, since we don't view as being part of the same community. The U.S. Census Bureau and government does not include Brazilians and Brazilian Americans under the Latin umbrella, anyway. None of my relatives in Brazil self-identify as Latin. They identify as Brazilians and South Americans.

[/IMG]

The official United States Census category of Hispanic or Latino is limited explicitly to people of "Spanish culture or origin", and therefore does not include Brazilian Americans. As employed by the United States Census Bureau, Hispanic or Latino does not include Brazilian Americans, and specifically refers to "Spanish culture or origin"; Brazilian Americans appear as a separate ancestry group. The 28 Hispanic or Latino American groups in the Census Bureau's reports are the following: Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Dominican Republic; Central American: Costa Rican, Guatemalan, Honduran, Nicaraguan, Panamanian, Salvadoran, Other Central American; South American: Argentinian, Bolivian, Chilean, Colombian, Ecuadorian, Paraguayan, Peruvian, Uruguayan, Venezuelan, Other South American; Other Hispanic or Latino: Spaniard, Spanish, Spanish American, All other Hispanic. There is no shared colonial and/or political history, no shared culture, language, ethnic background etc. It wasn't until the 1950s that Brazilians started seeing themselves as part of Latin America. The term was used almost exclusively to Spanish-speaking populations, up to that point, even in the US. When asked, for clarification purpose, if she did not consider herself Latina, a young Brazilian woman answered directly, “No”. Interviewer: What does it mean to be Latina, what do you think the meaning of the word Latina is? Same informant: “Maybe I am wrong, and it is not a description I have of Latinos, but I think, first of all, Latinos, they impose themselves. I have heard in school so many times, ‘you are Brazilian you are not Latina’. Latinos separate themselves from us. … I think also because of the language, they all speak Spanish and we Portuguese, and culturally they are different; their music is different even though they may move their bodies a bit the way we do, but it is different.”

Another Brazilian woman when asked why she did not see herself as Latina, she answered: “My culture is Brazilian and I don’t want to have anything to do with salsa and my language is not Spanish.”

Considering the historical(colonial and neo-colonial) and linguistic similarities among the nations of Latin America, we will in the larger project inquire into the gains and pitfalls of immigrants defining or not defining “ourselves” as Latinos
Sources:

http://www.census.gov/population/www...F4-race.html#4

http://www.census.gov/population/www...F4-race.html#5

http://www.hispanichartford.org/mult...a-y-la-latina/

http://www.hispanichartford.org/mult...ura-brasilena/

http://www.hispanichartford.org/mult...s-en-hartford/

http://www.politicsforum.org/forum/v...?f=26&t=136913

Old 06-25-2012, 06:08 AM   #34
pushokalex1

I know that but Fire is considered Latino by DC comics and their fans. She's a minority character and in the cartoons she has been portrayed as a typical Latina. Not to mention she is included in a list of DC comics Latino characters. Just saying.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:22 AM   #35
mirzaterak

I know that but Fire is considered Latino by DC comics and their fans. She's a minority character and in the cartoons she has been portrayed as a typical Latina. Not to mention she is included in a list of DC comics Latino characters. Just saying.
I know, there's actually nothing Brazilian about except her "background". They portray her with a Latina flair and not a Brazilian one. Her complete name includes Bonilla, which a surname of Spanish origin. One of her other surnames is Corvalho, which is a misspelling of Carvalho. It seems like the writers didn't really care to establish her Brazilian identity, but rather give her a Latin one. They should have just made her Venezuelan, IMO.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:33 AM   #36
Byxtysaaqwuz

I know, there's actually nothing Brazilian about except her "background". They portray her with a Latina flair and not a Brazilian one. Her complete name includes Bonilla, which a surname of Spanish origin. One of her other surnames is Corvalho, which is a misspelling of Carvalho. It seems like the writers didn't really care to establish her Brazilian identity, but rather give her a Latin one. They should have just made her Venezuelan, IMO.
I know what your saying man, but I guess thats what happens when the creators seem to think everyone South of the USA border are all the same.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #37
Tuqofiw

Topanga in Boys Meets World
Topanga is of Hispanic/Latin background?

Get out of here, I didn't know that. What exactly is her ethnic background?
She isn't Latina by U.S. definition. She is of half Maltese descent, but Maltese people aren't considered Latinos by U.S. definition. I personally do not consider her Latina.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #38
soonahonsefalh

Maltese are not latinos in any form or shape, not even euro-latinos... Maltese are mediterraneans but their language and culture is not related to the European-latin culture.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 15:03 ----------

eww the women incanal posted look gross

Old 06-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #39
fgjhfgjh

Anglos/Britannic/English in pop/culture/media:

They have been born in an Anglo country, they have been raised in an English speaking country, they use primarily English, and many have English surnames. Even more, they are from the same country and not from 30 different countries. So, they must be grouped together.

Same logic...

Old 06-25-2012, 11:38 PM   #40
Sheefeadalfuh

Jackie Chan was born and raised in Hong Kong...

Reply to Thread New Thread